The Marine Society Shop is run by Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) and this policy explains how we use any personal information we collect and how you may limit our use of it.
MSSC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any details you provide as part of your transaction with Marine Society Shop will not be shared with any third parties and will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. MSSC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are content with any changes. This policy is effective from 14 March 2018 and complies with General Data Protection Regulation which becomes law on 25 May 2018.
What we collect
- Name and address
- Contact details including telephone number and email address
- Company name, if relevant
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
to improve our products and services
to keep you informed from time to time with information, which you may find interesting. You may opt out at any time.
to customise the shop according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
If you do not want to receive future mailings from us you may tell us at any time by writing to us or completing the Contact Us form with the words "Remove me from future mailings".
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. if you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Marine Society at 202 Lambeth Road, London SE1 7JW.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
The Marine Society Shop and our main site www.marine-society.org may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A credit card payment will normally be taken on the day of the order. The order confirmation and payment processing information will be sent by email.
We use PayPal to make payments which is not under the direct control of the MSSC and as such refunds may take 2-4 working days.
See our Shipping and Returns page.
Complaints can be made to Marine Society at the following address:
202 Lambeth Road
London SE1 7JW
1. To maintain information about your session on the MSSC server. For example, keeping track of items in your shopping basket or remembering who you are if you leave and then return to the Marine Society Shop website during the same browser session.
2. To allow the site to recognise you when you return to Marine Society Shop pages. The cookie only remains on your computer if you elect for it to be stored.
3. To provide tracking of your activity on the website - see website tracking below. This cookie is not linked to any personal information about you and is used to provide generic statistical information about patterns of activity on the Marine Society Shop.
Whenever you visit the Marine Society Shop the web server automatically records your IP address and each page you visit. It also records information including your route to this site and your operating system and web browser type.
This information is not linked to any personal information the MSSC holds about you.