Published: June 2022
This essential guide to first aid afloat is an essential part of any on-board medical kit. Its waterproof ring-bound pages, colour-coded tabs and clear layout make it easy to use in an emergency.
This revised new edition has been updated with latest medical practice, including information relating to Covid-19, expanded information on treating burns, a new section on diving accidents, and updates to advice on certain illnesses and first aid kit contents. Clear, easy-to-follow illustrations make it ideal for crew members with limited training in first aid.
Key features include:
· Concise descriptions of each medical condition
· Prioritised lists of treatments
· Ringbinding to make the pages easy to turn and enable the book to lie flat
· Waterproofed pages to withstand use at sea
· A colour-coded thumb index to emergencies for quick reference
· Covers all the medical emergencies likely to be encountered at sea
· Fully updated in line with current guidelines and best practice