Author: Stoud, K.A.
Published March 2020
Its unique programmed approach really works! Many thousands of students have found that they understand and excel through using this book. It takes you through the mathematics in a step-by-step fashion with a wealth of examples and exercises. The text demands that you engage with it by asking you to complete steps that you should be able to manage from previous examples or knowledge you have acquired, while carefully introducing new steps. By working with the authors through the examples, you become proficient as you go. By the time you come to trying examples on your own, confidence is high.
Aimed at undergraduates on Foundation and First Year degree programmes in all Engineering disciplines and Science. The Foundation section covers mathematics from GCSE onwards to allow for revision and gap-filling, and so means the book can be used for a range of abilities and all levels of access.
- A unique interactive approach leads students through the mathematics with lots of worked examples and exercises so they can practise and learn with confidence
- Comprehensive - everything a student needs for their course
- Quizzes, Learning Outcomes and checklists to keep students securely on track
- A free-to-access online Personal Tutor with hundreds of fully worked solutions, hints and cross references to the text
- 100+ online mathematical questions set in engineering and scientific contexts
New to this edition
- A general revision of the entire contents
- In Matrices an emphasis on eigenvalues and eigenvectors and the introduction of the Cayley-Hamilton theorem
- New review summaries plus a new easy reference to help check back when you need more help
- Key chapters improved yet further as a result of detailed student feedback