Whether you are preparing for a new certificate or are already a 2nd or Chief Engineer, this pocketbook will bring you right up to date with current and new maritime regulations. The content is presented as questions and answers with supporting notes.
This new edition has been substantially revised and expanded to include questions on regulations that came into force in 2018. Some of the topics covered include:
• Recent amendments to SOLAS, including LSA and FFE requirements
• Recent amendments to MARPOL
• Updates to MLC and STCW
• Security questions, including the ISPS Code
• Port State Control
• Ship certificates and recordkeeping
• Explanation of the principal IMO Codes and Conventions
• Ballast water management
• Machinery space safety procedures.