This IMO digital publication (e-reader) is in EBK format for use on a single computer/laptop with Windows-based e-reader software, "The IMO Bookshelf". If you don't already have this software installed on your computer, it can be downloaded, free of charge here:www.imo.org/en/Publications/Pages/Bookshelf.aspx. You may print 10% of the text (approx. a chapter) at a time from a single title with a maximum of 75 pages per day across all titles (not pdf).
The e-reader is registered to an email address, you will need to confirm this address. You can contact us directly on email@example.com. All e-readers are locked to a single computer. After your purchase we will send you an email with login details to your IMO Virtual Publications account where all your downloads will be available.
KF978E Performance Standards for Shipborne Radio-Communications and Navigational Equipment, 2020 Edition
The 2020 edition provides mariners, Administrations, shipowners and manufacturers with new and revised standards for the safe and secure communication and navigation of ships.
Under resolution A.825(19), and its superseding resolution A.886(21), the adoption of performance standards, as well as their amendments, has been performed by the Maritime Safety Committee on behalf of the International Maritime Organization.
The present edition includes consolidated updates and new requirements adopted up to October 2020, in particular, in the areas of:
- integrated navigation systems (INS)
- navigational displays
- navigation-related symbols, terms and abbreviations
- shipborne radionavigation receivers
- long-range identification and tracking of ships (LRIT)
- equipment for the reception of navigational and meteorological warnings and urgent information to ships (NAVTEX)
- enhanced group call (EGC) equipment
- ship earth stations for use in the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- emergency position-indicating radio beacons (EPIRB)