This is a yearly subscription to the IMO-Vega Database. A single license gives one user access from any location with internet access. After your purchase we will send you an email with login details to your IMO Virtual Publications account where you will be able to access your subscription. The subscription is linked to an email address and you will need to confirm this address. You can contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMO-Vega is an essential tool for anyone involved in shipping: shipowners and operators, shipbuilders, classification societies, casualty investigators, governments, insurers and underwriters, port authorities, surveyors and many others.
The IMO-Vega Database, developed jointly by IMO and Det Norske Veritas (DNV GL AS), puts all the necessary information at your fingertips. Given year of build, ship type, ship size, cargo, trade area and flag, IMO-Vega will quickly identify the requirements applicable to the ship in question.
Unlike other, similar products, IMO-Vega contains historical data including regulations which have been superseded. In the context of Port State Control, for example, access to the correct historical regulations is essential.
The IMO-Vega subscription includes up-to-date texts, with all amendments adopted up to October 2019, of the following IMO requirements:
- 1974 SOLAS Convention, including 1978 and 1988 Protocols and all amendments
- 1966 Load Lines Convention, including 1988 and 2003 Protocols
- MARPOL 73/78, including all amendments
- 1978 and 1995 STCW Convention and Code, with amendments
- 1972 Collision Regulations
- 1969 Tonnage Convention
- 2004 Ballast Water Management Convention
- International Bulk Chemical (IBC) Code, with amendments
- International Gas Carrier (IGC) Code, with amendments
- International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- International Code of Safety for High-Speed Craft (HSC Code) 1994 and 2000
- Code of Safe Practice for Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC)
- International Grain Code
- Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS), as amended
- Code of Safe Practice for Ships Carrying Timber Deck Cargoes, as amended
- 1989 MODU Code, as amended in 1991
- International Code of Signals
- International Life-Saving Appliance (LSA) Code
- Recommendations on the Safe Use of Pesticides in Ships.
- International Convention on Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Co-operation (OPRC), 1990
- OPRC-HNS Protocol 2000
- Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- IAMSAR Manual: Volumes I, II and III
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code.
Whereas only the most known requirements are listed above, the database also contains most safety-related documents issued by IMO such as circulars, resolutions, etc.
Please note that multi-user licences are available which benefit from a 50% discount when bought at the point of purchase for the same site and same organization. Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to purchase the multi-user licence.
Set up a two-day trial for IMO-Vega on the Web at vp.imo.org/Public/TrialSetup.aspx.
Renew your IMO-Vega on the Web subscription at the special rate of GBP350 per annum by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This offer is only valid for 30 days from the subscription expiry date.
The IMO-Vega Database: New documents from version 24.1 to 24.2
1. MSC resolutions
Res. MSC.473(ES.2) Recommended action to facilitate ship crew change, access to medical care and seafarer travel during the COVID-19 pandemic
2. MSC circulars
MSC.7/Circ.1 National Focal Points on Crew Change and Repatriation of Seafarers
MSC.7/Circ.1/Rev.1 National Focal Points on Crew Change and Repatriation of Seafarers
3. MEPC circulars
MEPC.1/Circ.888 Summary reports and analysis of mandatory reports under MARPOL for the period 2013 to 2018
MEPC.1/Circ.888/Rev.1 Summary reports and analysis of mandatory reports under MARPOL for the period 2013 to 2018
4. MSC-LEG-MEPC-TCC-FAL circulars
MSC-LEG-MEPC-TCC-FAL.1/CIRC.1 Interim guidance to facilitate remote sessions of the Committees during the COVID-19 pandemic
5. Other circulars
Circular Letter No.4204/Add.14/Rev.1 Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Recommended Framework of Protocols for ensuring safe ship crew changes and travel during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
LC-LP.1/Circ.94 Invitation to report on activities related to disposal at sea of wastes and other matter in 2019
PPR.1/Circ.8 Report of the fifty-seventh session of the GESAMP Working Group on the Evaluation of the Hazards of Harmful Substances Carried by Ships
PPR.1/Circ.9 Revised carriage requirements for methyl acrylate and methyl methacrylate
6. Standards, Guidelines
IBC Code Consolidated Edition
Contents expanded with the following:
- Standards and Guidelines relevant to the IBC Code
London Convention, 1972 and the Protocol, 1996, Guidelines
Guidelines expanded with the following:
- Step-by-step guidance on simple approaches to creating and using action lists and action levels for dredged material (2020 Edition)